Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm dead, now what?

One night while playing from the hotel, my sister and I were playing in the Night Elf starting area. I believe it was around Teldrassil that poor Sal died. And her wisp was stuck. She somehow got to the edge of the map and was in an area of mountains where she could not find her way back to her body. So being new myself, I tried to guide her while looking at the map.

If you are outside of Darnassus by the flight path and bring up your map - you will see what I am talking about. She was along the west side of the map. She tried to talk to a game master, but wasn't sure how to do it - we were total noobs.

As she was talking to the GM (she figured it out), I decided to leave Darnassus and go by the flight path - then I could see the water. I was able to guide her. She was not too far from the dock it turns out, but before knowing that, she in wisp form, ran or floated all the way around the entire map until she came up from the shore. ARRGGGH! It was a very frustrating night at which we now remember with laughs and "I can't believe it" comments.

She had to follow me through the pink area that leads back into Darnassus and then we ran to her body - problem solved! It only took an hour to do this but we got the flight path, learned how to talk to the GM and completed a few quests before logging off, so it wasn't a total waste.

No comments: