Friday, February 2, 2007

My first guild and hitting 60

My very first instance run on my Alliance Priest was was Blackfathom Depths. We met a really nice person who we grouped with. His name was Avigrow. He invited us to his guild called The Legacy. So Sal and I talked about it and decided to join. Now joining a guild for me was pretty scary. I didn't know what to expect or what was expected of me. There seemed to be a good number of people around our level and even though Sal and I never "expected" help from higher levels or the same level, we often received good advice. Advice like where to go on the internet to look up a quest I was stuck on instead of them telling me the answer and having to become a WOW encyclopedia.

There was a time when we were in our 30's that a bunch of the level 60s in the guild left. So Avigrow became the Guild Master. The guild was told that most of the 60s left to experience end game raiding. What was that I asked? Since 60 seemed so far away I never read about what or knew what happened at 60.

As Sal and I leveled I was asked to be the Priest Officer as I was the highest level Priest in the guild. So I took this seriously, maybe too seriously, and did research on the class because I wanted to be prepared to answer questions for any priest leveling up. Even though we never had a lot of priests in the guild, I learned a lot from my research. My sister became the Hunter Apprentice Officer - this was the Hunter Class Officer's "right hand man" so to speak.

My sister and I hit 60 within a week of each other. I hit it the weekend before Memorial Day weekend 2006. Sal hit 60 on Memorial Day. It was awesome. Sal and I also organized a fish fry for the guild. It was a guild event where we had a fishing competition. Not a huge turn out, but people had fun and gold was awarded! Never again was a guild event ever done because Sal and I didn't do it. I think people had fun, but no one wanted to actually step up and plan the next event.

Being the only level 60 Priest in this casual guild was really starting to take a toll on me. Knowing the minute I logged in I would be asked to go to this instance or that instance. I lost some of "me" time because of that and started not really liking the game. I felt obligated to go and help them with quests and getting loot as I was the only Priest that could at that time. I was also getting very tired of doing the same instances over and over again.

Once the guild had two other level 60 Priests and after much thought and the fact that this casual guild was not moving toward end game content, like Molten Core, Zul 'Gurub, etc, I decided to leave. This was a very hard decision. This was my first guild ever and leaving it was difficult. But I made the choice nonetheless and joined an end game guild.

No comments: